Saturday, January 24, 2009

dragon tamer

This is the first drawing of mine my parents framed. On the bottom right corner, it says: Karen, age three. It also gives the date, but that information is on a need to know basis only.

When I look at this drawing, yellow with age, I can't help but look for insight into my childhood. What does this drawing say about me when I was three? A small girl leads her dragon with a leash. Both are bedecked with flowers. Inside the big dragon, a littler creature rides. Where is my family? Is that little girl me, or am I the dragon?

I just received this picture from my mom and dad, who are getting rid of things. I am glad to have it. It connects me with my beginnings. This drawing documents my origins as an artist, and dragon tamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment