Thursday, January 29, 2009

beauty everywhere

This is the truth. I've been seriously ill with a life-threatening bacterial infection since August. I've finally beat it, and am getting better. Better means that I can take a 15 minute walk. Better means that I don't sleep fifteen hours a day, but wake up in the morning, and try to live my life like I knew it. Everything is the same, except me.

I'm just not going to continue posting without being honest about where I am in my life. I have been struggling, but I've become much more adept in love, forgiveness and patience. There is grace in the darkest illness, and I still see beauty everywhere. Everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you get well soon. A positive attitude is sometimes the best medicine. As a Pediatric Nurse it was hard to see kids going through treatments for cancer. However, they had wonderful angels around them, their moms. The wonderful attitudes of these angels, even when things looked dismal, made the healing process better. Get will soon.
    Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are walking 1/2 an hour soon. And then an hour. And then maybe even you will run...

    I like what you said about grace in the darkest illness. And seeing beauty everywhere.

    Beautiful.
    And brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen! LOVE the blog. Just the heading alone made me laugh out loud. Can't wait to explore it further. Let's chat soon. So sorry about your hard time. Happy that you're on the mend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete