Saturday, January 31, 2009

sketchbook: mt. baker

This watercolor sketch was done on a motorcycle trip up to the Mt. Baker area a few years ago. It was May, and below the snowy mountainsides, a lush, spring green.

Markus forgot a precious camera at a view point. He discovered this when we got home. Miraculously, I tracked it down. He planned to ride back up to Mt. Baker where the camera had been dropped off at the ranger station. He admitted to the ride being less fun with extra weight (me) on the back. I understood. He went without me.

The following week, I signed up for the D.O.T. Motorcycle Safety and Training course, and became certified to ride anything, which is good, because my first motorcycle was an awful bear of a machine. But I rode it places. Like California.

No comments:

Post a Comment