Thursday, May 28, 2009

butt glue and licorice whips

I did it. I accepted the invitation by Holly Cupala and Jolie Stekly to crack the licorice whip, stick my butt in my chair, and accomplish some children's book writing and illustration goals.

I have stuck my butt in my chair lately, to simply stare off into beautiful blue sky space. Of course, this has always been a normal part of my process, but these days, due to the illness I endured and lingering after effects, I just don't get to the working part. My neural networks are atrophied. For reals.

The good news is that I had a battery of tests done this week, and have a diagnosis of hypothyroidism. Practically paralyzing in the wake of my C-difficile infection. I have medication, and I may feel better in three weeks. I hope, I pray, and I will do what I can today.

Because my heart is ready, my work is waiting, and I am ready to wield that licorice whip! Butt glue notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment