Tuesday, April 28, 2009

resurrection

My life, for those of you who know, has been challenged by major health issues since last August. I've struggled to keep up with my creative work during the wasted days of illness, and long winter of recovery. Recently, however, I let go of the struggle to simply rest. That's why my blog has been so quiet.

Now spring is here. My Doctor said I would feel better in the spring. Indeed, I do. But only in small measures. If only I were like the tree in our front garden that gloriously grew a full mantle of green overnight! There is no better time for healing than spring, when black, weathered branches become fragrant with blossoms and bright with luminous leaves.

"...This urge, wrestle, resurrection of dry sticks,
Cut stems struggling to put down feet,
What saint strained so much,
Rose on such lopped limbs to a new life?"

Theodor Roethke, from: Cuttings (later)

No comments:

Post a Comment